Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Great and Terrible Beauty


This is the first book in the 'Gemma Doyle' trilogy. It is a decent read, but is a young adult novel and reads as such. The story is not as compelling as the 'Twilight' series, but in actuality, the writing is a bit better and not as repetitive. Here is a little info from wikipedia:


A Great and Terrible Beauty is the first novel in the Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray. It is told from the perspective of Gemma Doyle, a girl in the late 1800s.
Gemma leaves her home in India after her mother dies for a boarding school in England. Once there, she is plagued by clairvoyant visions as she looks into the magical secrets of the school with her three friends Felicity Worthington, Pippa Cross and Ann Bradshaw.


Oh yeah, one of the characters last name is Cross, so HOLLA!! I purchased the whole series without reading any of them, so I am committed to finishing it. So I will give my opinions on the other two books at a later date.

4 comments:

DeAnn said...

Is reading all you people do?

DeAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debra Morris said...

That must be all they do . . . oh, to be able to find the time to sit down and read a novel. . . . but no, I have to do insurance inspections in my spare time!! I will be starting my own novel soon: A Great and Terribly Beautiful Insurance Field Inspector.

Sarah C said...

Mom, that comment is freaking hilarious!!!