Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim - David Sedaris




This book is not for the easily offended or those that don’t enjoy the occasional (or frequent) f-bomb. If you are not one of these people and you enjoy biting, witty, stories then this is the book for you. I have read one of his previous books ‘Me Talk Pretty One Day’ and found it very fun, so I would recommend that one as well. His books are collections of short stories. I actually downloaded this one as an audio book and listened to it while doing a monotonous task @ work that didn’t require my brain too much. I TOTALLY recommend this as an audio book because it is read by David Sedaris and I don’t think just reading it would have the same effect. He does his little imitations of people and family members that although would be funny read, are so much better heard.

2 comments:

Faeth said...

Scott and I got to see David Sedaris live a couple of years ago and he is so freaking funny! I have read all of his books and this is one of my favorites. I have his newest one if you want to borrow it, but I will tell you right now that it is not one of my favorites. If you have an Ipod, you should download "This American Life" from NPR.org. He is on that show a lot and is consistently entertaining!

Sarah C said...

Well, Faeth. I am jealous you got to see David Sedaris. I freaking love "This American Life" and "Wait, wait, don't tell me!" and many other NPR programs and podcasts. I also enjoy "selected shorts". The only other book of his that I have read is "me talk pretty one day", but I don't know if I said that in the post.